Best Barbecue in the Smokies
Summer is back in town and that means it’s time to start thinking about our favorite parts of the this wonderful season and getting ready to take advantage of everything it has to offer. That’s right, we’re talking sunshine, barbecue, picnics, flip flops, pool lounging, and so much more! This is usually when most of us are able to get together with our loved ones and go on our annual vacation with each other. We all need to take a break every once and a while and get some rest and relaxation so we can rejuvenate ourselves before it’s back to our usual daily routine. That’s why vacations become so unbelievably important for us all. The next thing to tackle is finding the perfect place to visit. If you’re looking for a place that has plenty of different options when it comes to attractions, shopping, and dining, then look no further! Pigeon Forge welcomes millions of visitors here each year and the amount of things to do in town is endless. It’s finally time to conquer the last main step of vacation planning – finding a clean and comfortable place to stay. We can check off those two boxes and then some, so how about giving us a try? When you stay with us at Cedar Lodge, we offer two and three bedroom luxury condos with a private balcony facing the serene little pigeon river! As a thank you for booking with us, you receive FREE TICKETS to numerous attractions and shows in the area, as well as a free dinner at Mama’s Farmhouse, saving you $275 a day. Now that we have summer on our mind, we figured we’d dedicate this blog to some of our favorite spots to visit if you’re looking to try the Best Barbecue in the Smokies!
- Boss Hoggs BBQ Shack – Located on Wears Valley Road in Pigeon Forge, this family owned restaurant is one of my personal favorite spots to visit if I’m craving some tasty barbecue. They specialize in slow cooked meats like pork shoulder, seasoned ribs, smoked chicken, smoked brisket, and more. One of the best parts of this fantastic restaurant is their delicious side dishes. They have cole slaw, green beans, baked beans, potato salad, and french fries and they’re all amazing. They are one of the many reasons why I always come back. If you’re looking for friendly service and finger licking good food, they should definitely be on your must try list for this trip.
- Buddy’s Bar-B-Q – If you’re looking for a laid back and casual barbecue restaurant, you will absolutely love this place. They have wings, ribs, pork, chicken, chili, turkey, ham, and much more! They have plenty of delicious sides to go with it like slaw, baked beans, potato salad, green beans, french fries, and loaded baked potatoes. It’s all served at a very affordable price and you can order things to go as well. While it is a bit more laid back, the food is still delicious and definitely worth trying if you’re in the Sevierville area.
- Bennett’s Pit Bar-B-Que – This locally owned and operated restaurant offers a wide variety of barbecue and other dishes as well. They have won the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence every year since 2012, so that alone tells you just how amazing this place really is. They have locations in both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. The beef briskets, chicken, pulled pork, ribs are basted in their delicious secret sauce that we wish we could replicate ourselves. They are then placed over hickory wood, giving them an incredible flavor, for over 14 hours! If you’re looking for fall off the bone ribs and tender meats, this is the place for you. They also have incredible appetizers and sides that the whole family will love. If you want to know my actual favorite thing here, it’s actually their bread, it’s so tasty. This might just become your new barbecue staple when you’re in town.
- Hungry Bear BBQ – This is another locally owned and operated barbecue joint in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains. They actually have two different locations in Gatlinburg, the first one being just near traffic light #3 and the other one is located down 321 as you’re heading towards Cosby. Just like the others, they smoke their own barbecue, giving it that real authentic taste that us enthusiasts are looking for. They have some of the best side dishes that you can find, their potato salad is absolutely mouthwatering and is a must try. They also have baked beans, green beans, coleslaw, and corn on the cob. Make sure to add this one to your itinerary.
- Delauder’s BBQ – We saved the best for last! This place is extra special and one that has to be on your list if you’re looking to truly try some of the Best Barbecue in the Smokies. This locally owned and operated restaurant was voted #4 out of 50 by Yelp and Business Insider on their hunt for the best barbecue restaurants in the country! This is such an honor for them and is very well deserved. Their motto is “we feed people like you are family” and that’s just what they do when you visit. Everything served is completely fresh and made that day and if they run out of the food they’ve made for the day then they do close their doors. They want us to get to enjoy the best product possible and trust us when we say, you’ve never had food this good! They also do catering, so you can check out their menu here. Make sure to get here early, you won’t regret it! Keep an eye on their website, they do leave information there about what time they’re open and how their truck deliveries are looking like, as well as when food is beginning to be served.
We hope you enjoyed this insider’s look at the some of the Best Barbecue in the Smokies! Nothing says summer like barbecue and we definitely some have amazing places here in town that you must try if you’re an enthusiast like us. Pigeon Forge also just recently welcomed another barbecue restaurant called Dickey’s Barbecue Pit. We haven’t tried it yet, so if you check it out when you’re in town, let us all know what you think! If you aren’t as big of a fan of barbecue, there are still so many different places that you will love. You will find nonstop southern hospitality and delicious dining options while you’re in the Smokies and that’s one of the many reasons why so many visitors come to see us. So what are you waiting for? Book Your Smokies Summer Vacation now or give us a call at 1.877.412.3327 and one of our friendly reservationists would love to assist you with finding the perfect condo for your stay. Come and join our family here at Cedar Lodge, we would love to have you! Make sure to let us know what you thought about the Best Barbecue in the Smokies that we just discussed and let us know if there’s somewhere you love that we didn’t mention. Don’t forget to also check out our prior blog about Where the Locals Eat!