Pigeon Forge Summer Must Do’s
Happy summer everyone! One of our absolute favorite seasons is finally back in town and it’s time to take full advantage of it. Get those flip flops out, soak in the bright sunshine, and enjoy cooling off in the refreshing water. Are you as excited as we are to get to spend some time outdoors? It’s absolutely beautiful here in the summer and it makes you want to start your day off early so you don’t miss out on seeing all of the beauty that’s surrounding you. You’ll see wildflowers, greenery, and our majestic rolling hills everywhere you look. Pigeon Forge is home to so many popular attractions, shows, shops, restaurants, and much more. Each day of your stay will be packed with new and exciting things to do. Now all that’s left is finding a clean and comfortable place to rest our head at. When you stay with us at Cedar Lodge, we offer beautiful and affordable two and three bedroom luxury condos that come complete with a private balcony overlooking the serene little pigeon river! As a thank you for booking with us, you also receive FREE TICKETS to numerous shows and attractions in the area, as well as a free dinner and drink each night at Mama’s Farmhouse. We know there’s so much to choose from when it comes to planning out your daily itinerary for your trip, so we’re here to help you out a bit. Let’s took a look at some Pigeon Forge Summer Must Do’s!
- Dollywood – We know it isn’t a Pigeon Forge vacation if you don’t visit the park that really helped to put our town on the map. Summer is actually one of the best times to visit this beloved attraction. Here you will find everything from roller coasters to shows and everything else in between. There is plenty to do for everyone in your party no matter the age. They even have water rides, two of them being brand new this year! You can beat the heat and have an adventurous time while doing so. Their summer celebration is underway which means you’ll get to see non stop entertainment like performances by iLuminate (who you may have heard of since they were finalists on America’s Got Talent)! Best of all, each night at 9:30 pm, they have an amazing fireworks show that is completely complimentary! Watch the sky light up with dazzling colors as a wonderful ending to such a fun day at the park. Don’t forget to also visit Splash Country if you’d like to spend a day in the water! This family friendly water park offers plenty of slides, a scenic lazy river, wave pools, and even kid zones. You won’t want to leave, trust us.
- The Island – If you’re looking for attractions, shopping, and dining all in one place, then look no further! This place truly has it all and then some. From an outdoor ropes course to the escape game, they have fun waiting for us at every corner. A must do is their Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, an enclosed ferris wheel that offers some of the best views of the Smokies that you can find. It’s even air conditioned during the summer. Their shops include everything from puzzles to christmas decor. They’re also home to the oldest family owned 5 & 10 in America, it’s a must see. They have amazing restaurants here like Timberwood Grill and Poynor’s Pommes Frites. The best time to visit is actually when the sun is beginning to set because they have a Show Fountain where you can watch the water and lights dance around to a choreographed set of songs! After that, you can go and listen to some complimentary bluegrass music over at Ole Smoky Moonshine where their four piece ensembles play almost every hour on the hour. You will fall in love with our island in the mountains!
- Outdoor Gravity Park – This is one of the most unique adventures that you will experience here in the Smokies! This is one of the most exciting ways to cool off this summer, so if you’re feeling spontaneous, you will definitely want to check this out. Climb aboard your OGO, a plastic ball filled with water that you roll down three different specialty designed courses on a giant hill. Don’t worry, these were designed to make sure there is absolutely no tumbling, it’s a smooth but entertaining ride all the way to the bottom and almost all ages can do it! They even give you a go-pro to record your entire journey that you can purchase at the end to take home with you. This is an unforgettable experience that you all will be talking about for years to come.
- Pigeon Forge Snow – This new attraction is a must-do if you’re looking for an exciting way to beat the heat this summer! This is the first attraction of it’s kind in the entire country, so now you know that you have to at least check it out! They offer indoor snow tubing year round and they also have a snow zone where families can build snowmen, make snow angels, or even have a family friendly snowball fight. You don’t even have to dress up like it’s winter, they keep it at a comfortable 60-70 degrees inside. Best of all, it’s 100% real snow with no additives of any kind. You all are sure to love this place especially if it’s extremely hot outside.
- Great Smoky Mountain National Park – It isn’t a Smokies vacation if you don’t visit our beautiful park. Whether you’re looking to take a scenic drive (check out the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail) or hike out to see a gorgeous waterfall (Rainbow Falls or Grotto Falls), you will absolutely fall in love with the sights here. If you’re wanting to see an abundance of our wildlife, you’ll want to visit Cades Cove bright and early. This is where a lot of our visitors say they are able to see white-tailed deer, groundhogs, and even our infamous black bears. You can pack up a delicious picnic and enjoy it at one of the numerous picnic areas, or spend a day splashing around in the river. Our park truly has so much to offer and it’s a must see especially if you haven’t visited our area before.
We hope you enjoyed this insider’s look at some of our Pigeon Forge Summer Must Do’s! Our charming town has so many exciting things to do that each day of your stay turns out to be a new and exciting adventure. We’re always constantly growing and adding entertainment and that’s why millions of visitors come to see us each year. It’s a fantastic place to be able to make memories with your family that will last a lifetime. So what are you waiting for? Book Your Pigeon Forge Vacation now or give us a call at 1.877.412.3327 and one of our friendly reservationists would love to assist you with finding the perfect condo for your stay. Come and join our family here at Cedar Lodge, we would love to have you!